Chances are that you don’t really know if your website is doing the best it can. We have the business perspective and technical knowledge to honestly evaluate how effective your current website is and what you can do to rank higher in search engines, convert visitors into clients, and give you total control of your website.
Is your website as effective as it should be?
Chances are that very few professional service firm owners can honestly say that they know the answer to that question. It’s not that they don’t think it is important. It’s just that answering that question requires some technical knowledge that most owners don’t have. And up to now, most web designers and developers have told them that a website should be measured on how pretty it is or whether it uses the latest whiz-bang technology.
I am not like most web designers and developers. I think the correct measure of your website is whether it is doing the job you hired it to do. Just like you would evaluate an employee, you should evaluate your website. But how do you do that if you need to have some technical skills in order to understand whether it is performing well or not? That’s where we can help.
As the owner of a communications consulting firm for over 12 years, I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t when it comes to communicating on the web so that visitors to your website turn into prospective clients. And now I have created a comprehensive website evaluation that explains to you in business language where your website is performing well and where it could improve. No wading through technical lingo that doesn’t make sense. You are talking with a business person who can translate the technical talk into language you can understand.
What do we cover in this analysis? We look at over thirty-five specific items in four areas. Here is some of what we will look at:
How easy can prospective clients find your website?
- We will look at the key elements that search engines use to rank websites and make sure your website is using every one it can to rank highly when prospective clients search for your services
- We will look at the current strategies you use to drive visitors to your website and look for opportunities to drive more qualified leads to the site
- We test your website to see if it works well on mobile devices, since research shows that more and more people will access the web from a mobile device in the future
Having control of your web presence
- We make sure you own your web address and are paying a reasonable amount for it, so you can rest assured that you won’t lose your web address and aren’t getting ripped off
- We investigate your web host to make sure you are getting a good deal for the services you truly need
- We look at how easy it is to change the content on your site because fresh content is key to visitors engaging with your site and contacting you (it is also key to ranking highly in search engines)
How well does your website appeal to prospective clients?
- The single most important factor in determining how many leads you get from your website is whether you have compelling, benefit-oriented sales copy on your site. We will evaluate what is there and let you know if it is performing as well as it should.
- We look at whether you are using video to maximum benefit on your site since video is now expected by web visitors
- We look at how easy it is to navigate your site so that visitors can quickly find the information they need to move from visitor to prospective client
- We check if you are taking advantage of using testimonials and case studies to clearly demonstrate how your services solve the problem a visitor has and compel them to contact you
Measuring website performance
- We check if you are tracking the key metrics that tell you how visitors interact with your website and what you should be doing to get the right type of visitors to build your business
- We look at the tools you are using to measure website activity and make sure you are using some of the key tracking tools that make regular measurement simple and easy
If you’d like to see a sample of five of the items we investigate and why they are important to your business, click here.
What do you get in our report? We share the results of our findings in language that allows you to understand what we found and what it means to your business. We give you suggestions that you can act on immediately. You can take the report to your current web specialist and ask them to make the changes we’ve suggested. We suggest which tools you should use to keep measure your website on a regular basis so you can make course corrections when needed. You have a complete picture of how you can improve the effectiveness of your site.
And your investment is only $299. Why don’t we charge hundreds of dollars more? Because we are small business owners too, and we want you to get great value from this independent, business-oriented evaluation of your website.
What if you need help implementing the suggestions? In many cases we can help you implement the suggestions we make. We can speak with your web specialist to explain in technical terms what you need them to do. We can do some of the work for you if that is the best approach. You can learn more about our services here.
If you are the owner of a successful professional services firm who wants to ensure that your website is working as hard for you as it should, click here to send us an e-mail and we will start with a conversation on the phone to determine the best course of action.